Your meter cannot connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Center through a WiFi connection with a USB Ethernet network adapter and WiFi Connection Device.
Connection issues can be caused by:
- your settings
- your connection
- your firewall
Your WiFi Connection Device is compatible with 801.11B, 801.11G, and 801.11N only.
Solution 1: Try a different connection method
If this does not resolve your issue, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Check your internet access
- Verify that other devices on the same wireless network can access the internet.
- If they cannot connect, you have a connection problem unrelated to your WiFi Connection Device. Check with your IT department or service provider to resolve this issue.
If this does not resolve your issue, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Check your WiFi Connection Device
- Remove your WiFi Connection Device from your meter and connect it to your computer.
- Make sure no other network cables are connected and the WiFi on your computer is turned off.
- If your computer connects to the internet, your WiFi Connection Device is working correctly. Contact Pitney Bowes for further support.
- If your computer does not connect to the internet, your WiFi Connection Device is not configured correctly.
- Hold the reset button in with a pen for 5 seconds.
- Your WiFi Connection Device is compatible with 801.11B, 801.11G, and 801.11N only.
- Re-setup the device, using instructions for your meter:
- Your connection issues should be resolved. Try reconnecting again.
If this does not resolve your issue, try Solution 4.
Solution 4: Check your USB Ethernet connection
If your WiFi Connection Device works, then try resolving your issue by checking connection issues with your USB Ethernet adapter:
Use the Contact Us
options below if you need further assistance. Have your model and serial number ready.
UPDATED: March 18, 2021