Troubleshooting a WiFi connection with a USB Ethernet network adapter and WiFi Connection Device on the DM125, DM300C-DM475
Try another connection method, Restart the meter, check the physical connections and network settings to resolve WiFi connection issues on the DM125, DM300C, DM400C and DM475.
Products affected: DM125™, DM300C™, DM400C™ and DM475™
Your meter cannot connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Center through a WiFi connection with a USB Ethernet network adapter and WiFi Connection Device.
Connection issues can be caused by:
- your settings
- your connection
- your firewall
Solution 1: Try a different connection method
Solution 2: Check your internet access
- Verify that other devices on the same wireless network can access the internet.
- If they cannot connect, you have a connection problem unrelated to your WiFi Connection Device. Check with your IT department or service provider to resolve this issue.
Solution 3: Check your WiFi Connection Device
- Remove your WiFi Connection Device from your meter and connect it to your computer.
- Make sure no other network cables are connected and the WiFi on your computer is turned off.
- If your computer connects to the internet, your WiFi Connection Device is working correctly. Contact Pitney Bowes for further support.
- If your computer does not connect to the internet, your WiFi Connection Device is not configured correctly.
- Hold the reset button in with a pen for 5 seconds.
- Your WiFi Connection Device is compatible with 801.11B, 801.11G, and 801.11N only.
- Re-setup the device, using instructions for your meter:
- Your connection issues should be resolved. Try reconnecting again.
Solution 4: Check your USB Ethernet connectionIf your WiFi Connection Device works, then try resolving your issue by checking connection issues with your USB Ethernet adapter:
UPDATED: 14 August 2021