The Connect+® displays error code 0198-61-001B and will not print tapes.
The tape is jammed.
Follow these steps to resolve this error:
- Open the smoke colored cover on the top of your Connect+
- Locate the blue lever on the right, and pull it towards to the left to release the tape
- Pull your tape out while holding the lever to the left
- Tear any damaged tape off the roll
- Reinstall your tape
- Select Feed forward on your screen
- If the Feed forward option isn’t on the screen, then select the green house key at the top of the screen
- Select Settings
- Select Hardware
- Select Tape
- Select Feed Forward
- Retry your tape
If your issue is not resolved, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: May 15, 2015