The meter displays error code 248B, and will not run mail.
The meter detects a paper jam.
You may be able to clear the error by simply clearing the jam and restarting your meter. Follow these steps:
- Unplug the power cord
- Turn the jam release handle on the front of the meter clockwise and check for any debris in the meter
- Use non-flammable compressed air to blow out the envelope path
- Turn the jam release handle counterclockwise to close the jam release
- DM300C, DM400C, DM475: Remove any loaded tape
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet
If your issue is not resolved, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: May 15, 2015