Mail does not run through the machine and the error code 2483 or the message Mail Piece Too Short is on the display.
The mail piece does not meet the minimum length (5 inches).
You may be able to prevent the error by clearing the mail path:
- Make sure the mail piece is at least 5 inches long
- Unplug the power cord
- Move transport release lever 1/4 turn to the right (clockwise) to the released position (vertical)
- Remove any visible paper fragments from feed deck. Occasionally the tape sheet will get caught in the rollers.
- Using non-flammable compressed air and working from the left side of the machine to the exit, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes/tape sheets travel on
: Make sure to spend enough time in this step to ensure that dust and debris are removed
- Move transport release lever 1/4 turn counter clockwise to raise the feed deck back up into position
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet
If your issue is not resolved, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: September 24, 2020