During the meter installation, the error "Ink tank lid is open" displays on the screen, and the installation will not move forward.
The lid cover on the bottom of the print head may not be removed.
To clear this error message you need to remove the lid cover from the print head.
- Open the top cover of the meter
- Press the unlock button on the ink latch lock
- Remove the ink cartridge
- Click the release tabs on the bottom of the print head guard, and lift the guard up
- Squeeze the two tabs on the print head and remove the print head by pulling towards you.
- Remove the lid cover on the bottom of the print head
- Reinstall the print head, and the ink cartridge
- Close the cover
- Press Enter to continue
If your issue is not resolved, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: June 24, 2020