The Connect+® displays error 0418-42-00A9 and will not print.
There is an unrecognized ink cartridge in slot 2.
This system is set up to print with postal ink only. Please remove the ink cartridge from the spot K ink slot. Ensure you have installed a genuine Pitney Bowes ink.
If you would like your system to print with both postal ink and spot 2 (black) ink, please contact your sales representative.
If you have been using this ink and the error is being displayed, you may be able to clear the error by simply restarting your meter. Here are the steps to follow for a safe restart:
- Select the green house at the top of the screen to go to the Home screen
- Select Shut Down from the lower right corner
- Select Shut Down from the menu
- Select Shut Down on the pop up
- Wait for the screen to go black and the blue light on the front to go out. This may take several minutes.
- After everything has been off for 10 seconds, press the power button to power the Connect+ back up
: You should perform a shut down nightly using the shut down icon, not the power button at the front of the equipment.
If your issue is not resolved, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: May 18, 2015