Solution 1: Check to ensure that you have the latest version of PC Meter Connect
- The latest version of PC Meter Connect desktop application is 05.00.0081.
- Right-click on the PC Meter Connect system tray icon (small icons by the clock).
- Select About PC Meter Connect.
- If you do not have the latest version, uninstall and reinstall it:
- Right-click on the system tray icon and select Exit.
- Unplug your USB cable from your meter and your computer.
- Unplug your power cord from the back of your meter.
- Select Windows Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Select PC Meter Connect and select Uninstall.
- If you reinstalled PC Meter Connect, restart your meter and your computer:
- Unplug your power cord.
- Wait one full minute.
- Plug your power cord back in; ensure that you plug it directly into a wall outlet.
- Restart your computer by closing all open programs and selecting Shut down from the Windows Start menu.
- Once your computer has completely shut down, turn it back on.
- Attempt your connection again.
If this does not resolve your issue, then try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Configure your network properly
Configure your network to allow the meter to communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Center. Have your IT department review Networking and connectivity details for mailstation2, DM100i-DM475 to ensure compatibility.
If you still have issues, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Check your settings
Follow these steps on your computer:
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet > Internet Options or just Internet Options (options vary depending on your Control Panel configuration).
- Select the Connections tab.
- Select LAN Settings.
- Ensure that you check both boxes:
Note: Contact your IT department for the address for the script or additional information about your network configuration.
- Automatically detect settings
- Use automatic configuration script
- Select OK.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: 01 March 2021