Products affected: mailstation™ and mailstation2™
The meter says envelope not detected when an envelope is inserted or remove envelope when there is no envelope present.
The meter is not correctly sensing the presence of an envelope.
To resolve the error follow these steps:
- Ensure that the mail piece is within specifications for the meter. Minimum Size is 5" x 3.5" (127 mm x 89 mm)
- Turn off the machine by unplugging the cord from the back. Open top cover
- When the envelope or tape sheet is fully inserted into the machine, the top right corner of the envelope/tape sheet moves a sensor arm back. The sensor is L shaped and allows the machine to sense that the envelope/tape sheet is present. When the material is moved out of the machine the sensor arm moves to the front of the machine.
- Once the arm seems to move freely forward and back by inserting and removing the envelope/tape sheet, close the top cover back down and plug power cord back in
- Test by printing a $0 stamp. Simply press 0 and press Enter.
UPDATED: 07 June 2021