Poor print quality or no printing on the Connect+ Series, SendPro P
- Your meter does not print well. Your print quality may be streaky, fuzzy, spotty, partial, or missing completely.
- You may see one of the following error codes: 041822008D, 041822008E, 04182200B2, 418220041, 418420038, 418220044.
The device has an issue with the internal printer.
Try your troubleshooting solutions in this order:
- Ensure that you have a genuine Pitney Bowes ink cartridge
- Ensure that you have ink in your ink cartridge
- Print a test pattern
- Clean your printheads
To prevent print quality issues, always ensure you are using a genuine Pitney Bowes ink cartridge.
If you need ink, order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge.
If you still have an issue, go to Solution 2.
Check your ink level to see if you have ink in your ink cartridge
- If yes (your ink levels are above the double horizontal lines), then go to Solution 4.
- If no (your ink levels are below the double horizontal lines), then follow these steps to replace your ink cartridge:
- When the low ink or out of ink warning appears, select Replace ink cartridge. If there is no low ink message:
- Select Settings on the Home screen
- Select Hardware
- Select Printer
- Select the Ink cartridges tab
- Select Replace ink cartridge
- Open the ink cartridge cover.
Important: If a message about the ink cartridge cover being open displays, select Clear message.
- Pull the ink cartridge straight out.
- The system warns you that the ink cartridge is not installed. Select Clear message.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging.
- Hold the ink cartridge with the label facing upright and push into place.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- Select Print test pattern.
- Check the test sample. If the lines are solid and unbroken, the sample is acceptable.
- Select Image is OK - Done.
If you still have an issue, go to Solution 3.
- From the Home screen, select Settings under Mailing.
- Select Hardware.
- Select Printer.
- Select Print Test Patternor Print Color Test Pattern.
- Select Start or Tape.
- If the pattern is broken or missing lines, select Not OK - Clean print head.
- If the pattern is not broken or missing lines, select Image is OK - Done.
- Select the Home button to return to the Home screen.
If no test pattern prints, go to Solution 4.
If your ink cartridge has ink, follow these steps to clean both of your print heads:
- Open the printer cover.
- If necessary, pull the print carriage forward.
- Open the blue lid.
- Lift one print head out by the blue handle.
- Wipe the any excess ink off the print head with a lint-free cloth.
- Re-insert the print head. The print contact must be facing toward the front of the device.
- Make sure the handle is down and then apply pressure only to the center of the print head.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 for your second print head.
- Close the blue lid securing the printheads in position.
- Close the printer cover.
- Print another test print and clean the printer nozzles if necessary.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 11 March 2022