Importing contacts in PitneyShip Pro
You can import contacts into the system by uploading a CSV file.
Products affected: PitneyShip™ Pro
You can import contacts into the system by uploading a CSV file up to 5 MB in size.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- Select Settings > Address Book.
- Select Import.
- To download a template that you can use to create your address file, click on the Download a .csv template link.
- Replace the sample records in the template with your contacts and save it as a CSV file.
- If you want any of the imported contacts to be senders instead of recipients, add a column to the spreadsheet called ContactType and fill it with sender for each contact that you want to be a sender. If the column is not present or is not filled in, then the imported contact will become a recipient. This cannot be changed after importing.
- Select Choose File and select your address file in CSV format.
- Select the sharing options for the addresses you're importing:
- To merge the contacts in your CSV file with your current contacts, select Merge contacts with my address book.
- To replace your current contacts with the contacts in your CSV file, select Replace contacts (import will overwrite contacts), then select one of the following options:
- To replace all contacts in the address book with the contacts in your CSV file, select Replace all existing contacts (total overwrite).
- To replace only your current shared contacts with the contacts in your CSV file and leave your private contacts as is, select Replace only shared contacts (private contacts will be ignored).
- To replace only your current private contacts with the contacts in your CSV file and leave your shared contacts as is, select Replace only private contacts (shared contacts will be ignored).
- To make the imported contacts private, select Import contacts as private.
- Select Continue.
- In the Import Contacts window, match your CSV file fields in the Your CSV Fields column with the PitneyShip Pro fields in the Address Book Fields column.
- Select Import.
UPDATED: 01 June 2023