Importing orders in PitneyShip Pro
You can import a spreadsheet of orders as a CSV file. You can either download a template to use, or use your own format and map your data after import.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- From the Home screen or the Ship Orders. menu, select
- Select Upload File.
- To download a template to use to format your orders, select .csv template.
- Select Download your carrier, sub-carrier accounts and service level values for reference. Use the information from this file to fill in the Carrier, Sub-Carrier Accounts and Service Level fields in the template.
- Input your orders into the template spreadsheet and save it as a CSV file.
- When you are ready to upload your file, select Choose File, select your file, and select Open.
- If you want the recipients in your file added to your PitneyShip Pro address book, select Add recipient contact data using my imported data.
- Select Continue.
- In the Map Imported Fields window, match your CSV file fields in the Your Imported Headers column with the PitneyShip Pro fields in the Mapping column.
- The Overrides column allows you to override the data in your file with a single value for all of the imported records. For example, you could select Small Flat Rate Box for the Package Type for all of the packages in your file.
- For Order ID, any value entered in the Overrides column will be added to the beginning of the Order ID with an underscore, for example, MyOverride_11200.
- If you want to save these mapping choices for future imports, select Remember mapping choices for future imports.
- Select Continue.
- In the Address verification options window, choose whether to use the suggested, verified addresses or keep the original addresses from the import file. If you choose Use Original, you will need to verify each address individually after importing.
- Select Import Orders.
- Once the orders are imported, select Done.
Note: Orders that are marked as Already in Process are orders that were imported by someone else. Only the user who imported an order can edit or print a label for it.
UPDATED: 18 August 2023