"Fatal Printer Error" message on the SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto
Reseating the printhead and ink cartridge can often resolve a Fatal Printer error.
Products affected: SendPro® C Lite, SendPro® C, SendPro®+ (8H10), SendPro® C Auto (9H10)
The message "Fatal Printer Error" appears and the device will not run mail.
The ink cartridge or printhead may not be in the correct position or there may be an internal malfunction.
You may be able to clear this error by re-seating the ink cartridge and printhead:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Envelope Printer Maintenance in the Mail Settings section.
- Tap Install Printhead and the Mail Printer Access screen displays.
- Open the top cover as shown in the Mail Printer Access screen.
- Remove the ink cartridge as shown on the label next to the cartridge holder.
- Remove the printhead.
- Re-install the printhead and ink cartridge.
- Close the top cover.
- Tap Done.
If the error persists, restart the device:
- Unplug the power cord. The screen turns off after 10 seconds.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord directly back into a wall outlet. Check that the wall outlet is working correctly.
- Quickly tap and release the power button to turn the device back on.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 15 July 2022