Advanced options in Relay Integrity Pro
The Advanced Options window is where you change the options for barcode settings, file import, file-based processing (FBP), and modules. The Advanced options menu contains optional settings that you can edit if required. If you do not edit the Advanced settings menu, the default value will automatically be applied to your job.
Follow the steps below to make your setting choices in the Advanced Options screen.
1. Barcode settings
- Edit your barcode settings. Symbol size allows you change the barcode size and shape. choose a value from 0 – 15. Each one of these values represents the number of rows / columns of the barcode used. The default is 8 which is optimum for most inserting machines.
- Edit your module size. This is the size of each cell/module (small black and white squares) which make up the Data matrix barcode. The default size is 1.5 which is optimum for most inserting machines.
- Check Show Clear Zone in Page Preview to be able to see the mandatory white space requirement around the barcode in dashed lines on your sample page preview.
- Check Show Human Readable Text for an interpretation of the barcode data printed above the barcode as an alpha / numeric value. This is useful for manual decoding and debugging purposes.
- Check Show Debug Colors to display a green box depicting a preview of the white space overlay and a yellow box to show the ‘Returned Address Block’ overlay. This option is only available if you have purchased the ConnectRight™ Mailer (CRM) feature. This is only available in some markets.
2. File Import section
- Check Individual Files if each mail piece is contained within a separate PDF. Multiple individual files will be processed at the same time, Relay Integrity Pro will then produce one Output file containing all the individual files.
- Check Batch Files to process a single PDF which contains multiple mail pieces. Document Break settings are required and only True or Normal PDFs can be used in batch files in Relay Integrity Pro.
- Check Combine to merge two or more Batch Files together when processing and produce one Output file.
3. FBP Options
- Check Use FBP Function to enable MRDF Info / MRDF Capture settings that allow you to capture data that is placed in the Mail Run Data Files (MRDFs) used with File Based Processing. When this is checked the below FBP options will become editable.
- Browse to and select the FBP Root Folder. The default location is This PC\Documents\RIP\FBP. This is the root of the folder which is used for File Based Processing functions. It contains the MRDF, Reprint, Reprint Ready, Select and Temp folders.
- Check Auto Reprint to automatically re-print processed files from File Based Processing.
- Check Delete Temporary Files to auto delete temporary Select files used for processing after use.
- Browse to and select your printer from the Reprint Printer Select drop down menu. This printer will be used for re-prints (processed Select files from File Based Processing).
- Check Select Marks to enable the Select Marks feature in the Capture Settings screen. This option allows the capture of additional data on the page and within the barcode.This data is used to instruct the Inserting system to feed additional sheet(s) or Insert(s) from specific feeders.
- Check Grouping to enable the Grouping feature in the Capture Settings screen. This allows the capture of additional data on the page. If the data captured is duplicated in two or more different mail pieces, then these mail pieces will be grouped together and processed as a single mail piece.
- Check CRM to allow data to be captured for use with ConnectRight™ Mailer (CRM). This option is displayed when the CRM feature added option is purchased, it allows data to be captured for use with CRM. This is only available in some markets.
5. CRM SettingsClick CRM Settings to access the CRM setting screen. This option is displayed when the CRM feature added option is purchased. This is only available in some markets.
6. Capture SettingsClick Capture Settings and Load Sample File to load a sample file and set capture settings.
UPDATED: 12 May 2023