Creating a multi-piece shipment in PitneyShip Pro
When shipping with Purolator, FedEx or UPS, you can create multi-piece shipment to ship up to 40 boxes of different sizes and weights to the same recipient using the same service. A separate shipping label with a tracking number will be printed for each box, and there will also be one master tracking number for the entire shipment.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- On the Shipping Labels tab, select Create Shipping Labels, or from the menu, select Create Shipping Label.
- If you need to change the sender (from) address, select the From address in the upper left and select one of the following options:
- To make a change to the currently selected address, select Edit sender address, make the necessary changes, and select Done.
- To enter a new sender address, select Add new sender address, enter the address, and select Done.
- To select a different sender address from your address book, select View all senders and select the desired address.
- Enter the recipient address, or select the address book icon to select an address from the address book.
- To send tracking and delivery emails to the sender or recipient, select the desired boxes under Email the tracking number and Email when the shipment is delivered. To send tracking and delivery emails to addresses other then the sender or recipient, enter the email addresses in the Additional Emails boxes.
- Select Multi-Piece.
- Select the carrier you wish to use from the Choose Carrier menu.
- Select the service you wish to use from the Service menu.
- Select the package type from the Type menu.
- Enter the dimensions and weight of the first item. The item will be rated automatically.
- To add extra services to a package, select that package, then select Add Extra Service. (If you wish to add the same extra services to all packages in the shipment, then it does not matter which package you have selected.)
- To add another package with different weight or dimensions, select the Add icon and enter the package dimensions and weight.
- To add another package with the exact same dimensions and weight of the one that is currently selected, select the Clone icon and enter the number of duplicate packages you wish to create. If you wish to include the same extra services for the cloned package, check the Clone applying extra services box.
- Use the arrows to scroll through the packages in the shipment.
- To delete the currently-selected package, select the Delete icon.
- To see the full list of packages in the shipment, select the List icon.
- Select the desired services and select either Apply service to the current package or Apply service to all the packages. Note that some services that apply to all packages may be found on the Shipment Services tab.
- If you use cost accounts, either click in the Cost Account field and start typing the cost account name or code to search, or select the search icon to view the entire account list.
- (Optional) Enter References and Notes as needed. Select More Reference Options to access all of the fields.
- Memo/Reference: The contents of this field will print on the shipping label and be included in the tracking notification email. It is limited to 30-40 characters depending on the carrier. It will appear in your history. For UPS and FedEx, this field is also sent to the carrier and will appear on your carrier invoice.
- Reference Two: For FedEx, this field is called Department and will print on the shipping label. For all other carriers, it will not print. It will appear in your history.
- Reference Three: For FedEx, this field is called Invoice and will print on the shipping label. For all other carriers, it will not print. It will appear in your history.
- Reference Four: For FedEx, this field is called PO# and will print on the shipping label. For all other carriers, it will not print. It will appear in your history.
- Shipper Ref: This field may be used for anything up to 40 characters. It will appear in your history.
- Transportation Ref: This field may be used for anything up to 40 characters. It will appear in your history.
- Shipping Notes: This field can contain any notes about the shipment up to 500 characters (255 for FedEx) and will be included in the tracking notification email. It will appear in your history.
- To use the default printer settings, select Print Shipping Label. To select different printer settings, select Print Options.
- Select the items to print. If Summary Receipts are enabled, Summary Receipt will be included. If Print a receipt with the label is enabled, Receipt with Shipping Label will be included. If you do not want to print these items, uncheck the boxes to remove them. If Receipt with Shipping Label is removed, then Shipping Label will automatically be selected instead.
- Select the printer and print size.
- To add a note about the shipment, enter it in the Memo field. You can enter up to 35 characters. This memo appears on the label and in your history file.
- To print a test label, select Print Sample.
- Select Print.
Multi-piece shipment history
In the history, multi-piece shipments will show the master tracking number for the entire shipment at the top , with the tracking numbers for each box below it . Select the All items summary at the top  to view the tracking number and information about the entire shipment. Select the individual packages below to view the tracking number and information about that specific package.
UPDATED: 16 February 2023