"DEVICE HUB Connection error" message when printing in PitneyShip Pro
When printing, the message "DEVICE HUB Connection error" appears. The message may also say "There was a problem with your stamp" or "The stamp was generated but unable to print".
- Solution 1: Make sure that DeviceHub is installed
- Solution 2: Verify that DeviceHub is running
- Solution 3: Make sure that your printer is connected and online
- Solution 4: Reconnect DeviceHub
- Solution 5: Activate DeviceHub
- Solution 6: Uninstall and reinstall DeviceHub
- Solution 7: Adjust the Windows print spool settings (Windows)
To install DeviceHub, see the instructions for your product:
There should be a DeviceHub icon in the Windows system tray (small icons near the clock) or Mac OS menu bar to show that it is running.
If this icon is missing, find DeviceHub in your programs list and restart it.
Once the DeviceHub icon appears, hover your mouse over the icon to see the connection status and wait until it shows an Online status.
- In PitneyShip Pro, go to Settings > My Devices.
- Verify that your printer shows an Online or Idle status.
- If the status is Offline or Other, verify that the printer is on and is connected correctly to the computer.
- Find the DeviceHub icon in Windows system tray (small icons near the clock) or Mac OS menu bar.
- Right-click on the DeviceHub icon and choose Reconnect.
- Once the DeviceHub icon appears, hover your mouse over the icon to see the connection status and wait until it shows an Online status.
- In PitneyShip Pro, select Settings > My Devices.
- Select Activate DeviceHub.
- When the activation is complete, close the browser tab to return to PitneyShip Pro.
- Press the Windows + r on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Type Control Panel and click OK.
- Change the View by menu to Small icons.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your printer and select Printer properties.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster.
- Click OK.
- Try the printing the transaction again by clicking Try Again on the error message.
UPDATED: 14 September 2023