"DEVICE HUB Connection error" message when printing in PitneyShip Pro or PitneyShip
The message "DEVICE HUB Connection error" may occur when printing if the printer is configured to "Print directly to the printer" instead of spooling.
Products affected: PitneyShip™ Pro
When printing, the message "DEVICE HUB Connection error" appears. The message may also say "There was a problem with your stamp" or "The stamp was generated but unable to print".
- Solution 1: Make sure that DeviceHub is installed
- Solution 2: Verify that DeviceHub is running
- Solution 3: Make sure that your printer is connected and online
- Solution 4: Reconnect DeviceHub
- Solution 5: Uninstall and reinstall DeviceHub
- Solution 6: Adjust the Windows print spool settings (Windows)
To install DeviceHub, see the instructions for your product:Solution 2: Verify that DeviceHub is running
There should be a DeviceHub icon in the Windows system tray (small icons near the clock) or Mac OS menu bar to show that it is running.
If this icon is missing, find DeviceHub in your programs list and restart it.
Once the DeviceHub icon appears, hover your mouse over the icon to see the connection status and wait until it shows an Online status.Solution 3: Make sure that your printer is connected and online
- In PitneyShip Pro, go to Settings > My Devices.
- Verify that your printer shows an Online or Idle status.
- If the status is Offline or Other, verify that the printer is on and is connected correctly to the computer.
- Find the DeviceHub icon in Windows system tray (small icons near the clock) or Mac OS menu bar.
- Right-click on the DeviceHub icon and choose Reconnect.
- Once the DeviceHub icon appears, hover your mouse over the icon to see the connection status and wait until it shows an Online status.
- Uninstall DeviceHub. See Uninstalling DeviceHub.
- Reinstall DeviceHub. See Installing DeviceHub.
Solution 6: Adjust the Windows print spool settings (Windows only)
- Press the Windows + r on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Type Control Panel and click OK.
- Change the View by menu to Small icons.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your printer and select Printer properties.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster.
- Click OK.
- Try the printing the transaction again by clicking Try Again on the error message.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 27 March 2023