Managing Printing in PitneyShip Pro
There are different print settings and options depending upon whether you're printing shipping labels, stamps, or envelopes and what kind of printer you're using.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- Print to PDF
- Printing shipping labels
- The My Devices page
- Additional print settings
- Compatible Printer and Scales
The "Print to PDF" option is always available on the printer menu when printing shipping labels. When you choose this option, your labels open as a PDF that you can then print using your web browser's print function (File > Print or Ctrl+P).
If "Print to PDF" is the only option on the printer menu, that means that DeviceHub has not yet been installed on any of your enterprise's computers (see below).
DeviceHub is a helper program that connects your printers and scales to PitneyShip Pro.
- You must use DeviceHub to connect a scale to PitneyShip Pro.
- You do not need to use DeviceHub to print shipping labels.
- When you install DeviceHub, your printers and scales are shared with all users in your enterprise when they sign in to PitneyShip Pro.
- DeviceHub supports devices using wired, Wi-Fi, and USB connections on Windows 10 or higher and Mac OS 11 (Big Sur) or higher.
- DeviceHub uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) and does not store any Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
You can print shipping labels either to the browser printer, where they open as a PDF that you then print using your web browser's print function, or to a printer that is connected through DeviceHub, where they print directly to the printer.
The My Devices page in PitneyShip and PitneyShip Pro shows a list of your enterprise's DeviceHubs (computers on which DeviceHub is installed) and the printers and scales that are connected to them. The status of each device is shown. By default the DeviceHub will have the computer's name; you can use the pencil icon to rename it if needed. This page also has the links to download and activate DeviceHub.
To access the My Devices page, go to Settings > My Devices. See the link below for complete installation instructions.
You can find additional print settings under Settings > Print Options and Settings > Label Options.
For a list of printers that have been verified for use with DeviceHub, see:
UPDATED: 08 January 2024