Adding a department in PitneyShip Pro, PitneyTrack Inbound, and the Locker Management Module
A department is a group of contacts or a group of recipients for whom packages can be received and delivered. Each department can have a designated "Key Contact". When using PitneyTrack Inbound and the Locker Management Module, the Key Contact receives or picks up the department's packages.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- Select Settings > Address Book.
- Select the Departments tab.
- Select + Add Department.
- Enter the Department Name.
- (Optional) Choose a location.
- Select Save and Add Recipient.
- Select the boxes next to each recipient you want to add to this department.
- (Optional) To designate one of the recipients as a key contact, select the Make Key Contact button next to that recipient. When using PitneyTrack Inbound and the Locker Management Module, the Key Contact receives or picks up the department's packages.
Note: Email notifications for department packages placed in a locker are only sent to the department's Key Contact. If no Key Contact is designated, email notifications are sent to all contacts in the department.
- When finished adding recipients, select Add.
UPDATED: 18 August 2023