Calculating distances to a target postal code in StreetSweeper Pro
Geosmart will allow you to calculate the distance between each record in your database and a target postal code. You can use this information to select records that fall within a prescribed distance from that target postal code.
- For the most accurate results, it is recommended that you run Correction/Validation or Validation on your database prior to adding location data.
- Select Address Tools > Geosmart.
- Select Create a distance list.
- Select Process.
- StreetSweeper Pro will return to the Database View during and after processing. To view results, scroll to the right of the database until you see the fields GEO_NEARESTPC and GEO_DISTANCE. The GEO_DISTANCE field is the calculated distance, in kilometers, between the record and the target postal code.
- You can specify the maximum and minimum distances of your export file by selecting File > Export File and entering in these distances where indicated.
UPDATED: 04 January 2024