Setting up default options for correcting Projects in StreetSweeper Pro
Users can set standard options for correction processing of Projects. These defaults can be overridden for a specific Project by changing the options prior to correction. These changes will not update the default options.
- Select the Settings icon and select Set Correction Options.
- Indicate what type of processing should be applied to Projects. The default is Correction/Validation. If Validation Only is selected, no corrections will be made to Projects.
- Indicate how records should be cased during processing.
- Check Shorten Address if Canada Post approved abbreviations should be used for street types and directions.
- Check French Accents if these should be applied during processing.
- Indicate how unit information should be displayed within the address block. Units can be displayed before the street address, also known as Western Style, or use a keyword such as unit or suite.
- Check Add Postal Code space to ensure all valid and corrected Postal Codes have a space between the first three and last three characters.
- Check Format Valids if valid records should also have the selected formatting options applied.
- Check Validate Rural Based Only on Postal Code if correction on these records should only consider the Postal Code.
- Check the appropriate language option to specify if records should be corrected to English, French, or a combination of both.
- Check Display address accuracy statement after correction/validation to have the Statement of Accuracy automatically open after processing is complete.
When you have completed setting your default options, select OK to save them. You can return at any time to modify your default settings.
Viewing the statement of accuracy
If Display address accuracy statement after correction/validation was selected as a correction option, the Statement of Accuracy will automatically open after processing is complete. It can also be opened by selecting Address Tools > Statement of Accuracy.
UPDATED: 04 January 2024