Updating records in your database with move information in StreetSweeper Pro
Processing your Project against Canada Post’s National Change of Address (NCOA) service will allow you to update recipients who have moved. If your record matches the NCOA database, the address will be updated, if an updated address is available, or marked as a nixie if the updated address is not available.
IMPORTANT: Your file must have been run through correction/validation or validation-only to enable the NCOA processing option.
IMPORTANT: You must have sufficient NCOA credits in your account to process your file. You will require the same number of credits as records in your Project. Please speak with your StreetSweeper Pro sales representative to purchase NCOA credits.
IMPORTANT:StreetSweeper Pro NCOA processing includes the option to run your file against a non-Canada Post database of deceased individuals. This option is included in your NCOA credit.
- Ensure you have run correction/validation or validation-only on your Project.
- Select NCOA > Process NCOA.
- Verify that name fields have been appropriately identified. NCOA processing requires an individual’s first and last name or a company name.
- Using the dropdown under Options, select the End User associated with this file.
- Check the Run Deceased button if you wish to process your file against this additional database.
- The default option is to have all matching records updated and all nixies and deceased records purged automatically after processing. If you prefer to see the results prior to purging, uncheck Purge NCOA under Options.
- Select Proceed to start NCOA processing.
UPDATED: 04 January 2024