The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Locating the Serial Number on your meter
UPDATED: 22 July 2016
Finding the Serial Number on your Meter
The 7-digit meter serial number is the identification number that is registered with Canada Post™ for the postage meter license. It is different from the Product Code Number (PCN), which identifies the meter model using letters and numbers. For example: K700, or DM100i™.
First, locate your Postage by Phone® account number
Your 8-digit Postage by Phone (PBP) account number is located in the welcome packet you receive upon signing up. You can also find it on your Postage by Phone statement.
Three Ways to Find the Serial Number on any meter:
- On the meter ID tag - The meter serial number is located on an identification tag on the back, bottom of the meter or inside the top panel. Depending on the meter model, it may be referred to as a Meter Number, a Serial Number, Meter Stamp Serial Number, or a similar variation.
- On the indicia/meter stamp - The meter serial number can also be found on the indicia/meter stamp, which varies from model to model.
- On a printed report - The meter serial number can be identified through a printed report, such as a funds report, where the meter number is labeled as either a PB Serial No or a PBI Serial No.
Locating the Serial Number on a specific meter
Find out the details for your model from the following list:
- mailstation™ or mailstation2™: The serial number is located on the back of the meter. It is referred to as the meter number.
- DM100i™: The serial number can be found on the back of the meter
- DM125™: The serial number can be found once under the top cover. It is referred as the meter number
- DM300C™, DM400C™, DM475™: The serial number can be found once under the top cover. The scale must be removed. It is referred to as the meter number.
- DM500™--DM1100™: The 7-digit meter serial number can be found on the bottom of the meter. You must remove the scale using the blue release lever located to the right. The Meter Stamp Serial Number displayed on any printed report also identifies the meter serial number.
- Connect+™ Series: The meter number can be found in the Meter Information tab, by selecting the Funds icon on the Home screen. It is also found on a refill receipt report.