Poor print quality or no printing on the DM300C–DM475
Solution 1: Use a genuine Pitney Bowes ink cartridge
Make sure that you use a genuine Pitney Bowes ink cartridge. If you need ink, order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge:
If you still experience poor print quality, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Clean your printer nozzle
- See Cleaning your printer nozzle for instructions.
If your issue is not resolved, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Remove your ink cartridge and clean your print head
- If using the optional scale, remove it.
- Open the top cover.
- Select Replace Ink Cartridge.
- The carriage will move forward slightly. Unlock the green ink tank latch.
- Remove the ink cartridge and place it on a flat surface with the red circle facing up.
- Remove the print head by pinching together the grey levers.
- Wipe the copper-colored section of the print head with a dry, lint-free cloth or foam swab.
- Squeeze the two grey tabs on either side of your print head and slightly angle it while sliding it back into the slots in the carriage unit. Make sure to press the top left and right of the grey tabs to lock the new print head into position.
- Reinstall your ink cartridge and lock the green latch.
- Using your hand, pull the ink carriage towards you into the meter.
- Locate your wiper blade in front of the capping station.
- Close the cover and allow your ink carriage to return to its normal position.
- When your meter displays PBI Ink cartridge successfully installed, select Continue.
- Select Yes, Print Pattern.
- Insert an envelope as you normally would to print postage.
- The test pattern should appear as a grid with no broken lines or smears in the pattern:
- Select Yes if the test pattern looks good.
Good Test Print
- Select No, Clean Nozzle if the test pattern looks incorrect, with broken lines or smears in the pattern. Your meter performs a purge the print system. Repeat this function up to 3 times, if needed, to improve poor print quality.
Poor Test Print
- Press Home to return to your home screen.
- Find lint free cloths and foam swabs in cleaning kits available at our online store.
UPDATED: 20 July 2023