Mailpieces are entering the meter and getting stuck or stopping before exiting.
There are several things that may cause jamming issues:
- Sealing lever may be in the wrong position
- Mailpiece may not be in specification for this meter
- Sensor may be dirty or covered
- A part may be worn or faulty
To resolve jamming issues:
- Check that your material is within specification, see the material specifications section in the DM300C™, DM400C™ and DM475™ operator guides.
- Lift the feeder cover.
- Open the blue jam release (There are two blue jam releases on the DM475).
- Remove any mail pieces in the feeder.
- Turn the jam release knob under the display clockwise.
- Remove any mail pieces in the printer.
- Check that the seal lever is in the correct position.
- Using a can of non-flammable canned air and working from the left side of the machine toward the exit, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes travel on, ensuring that all dust and debris are removed.
- Close the jam release knob and blue jam release lever.
- Close the feeder cover.
- Clear the error and retry your mailpiece if it is not too damaged.
If your issue is not resolved, contact technical support. Please have your model and serial number ready.
UPDATED: August 22, 2018