Troubleshooting a dial-up (analog) phone connection on the mailstation series
Solution 1: Upgrade to a SmartLink device by October 1, 2022
In order to avoid disruptions to your mail operations, we recommend that you upgrade to a Smartlink device before October 1st, 2022.
If switching your connection method does not resolve your issue, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Confirm that your phone line works
- Retry your connection two or three times.
- Check that all connections and plugs are securely connected.
- Plug a phone handset into your wall jack and listen for a dial tone.
- If you do not hear a dial tone, contact your telephone supplier to fix the problem with your phone line.
- If you do hear a dial tone, reconnect your dial-up (analog) phone line to your meter and follow these steps to perform a meter restart:
- Disconnect your power cord from the back of your meter.
- Wait one minute.
- Reconnect your power cord.
- Wait for your meter to restart.
If you still cannot connect, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Check other phone line issues
- Make sure that your meter connects to a dial-up (analog) phone line that is not shared with another device. Plug the meter directly into the wall jack and remove any phone line splitters.
- If your meter uses the same phone line as a fax machine, credit card reader, or other dial-up (analog) device, unplug the other devices so that your meter is the only device using the phone line.
- Make sure that you use a true dial-up (analog) line.
- A DSL line may work. If there are issues, try adding a DSL filter.
- Simulated analog phone lines are problematic. If you have issues, try rebooting the device that is simulating the dial-up (analog) line.
- T1 or Voice Over IP (VOIP) lines do not work with dial-up (analog) connections.
- Check to see if you must add or remove a dialing prefix (such as 0) to get an outside line. See Changing your dialing prefix
- Make sure that your meter dials one of these three numbers: 0821 817 855, 0821 617 656 or 01 82 88 12 71. See Manually changing your dial-up phone number
- Ensure that your phone line does not have outbound calls blocked.
If you still cannot connect, try Solution 4.
Solution 4: Change your connection method
Try using PC Meter Connect as your connection method.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: 28 April 2022