Shipping Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is effective as of October 2021 (“Privacy Statement”)
Pitney Bowes (“we”, “us”, “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement describes (i) the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use Personal Shipping within the SendPro Enterprise application offered by your employer (“Personal Shipping”); and (ii) our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, your choice is not to use the Shipping Center. By using Personal Shipping, you agree to this Privacy Statement.
Personal Information Collected
Personal Shipping will only ask you for information that is necessary to perform the service you request under SendPro Enterprise. This information may include your first and last name, sender and recipient information, mailing address, zip code, email address, phone number, signature, and any other information you choose to provide (“Personal Information”).
When you use Personal Shipping, we collect information about your transaction, including but not limited to the transaction amount, date, time, and location.
Use of Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect for purposes described in this Privacy Statement or as otherwise disclosed to you. For example, we may use Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve Personal Shipping, provide and deliver products and services to you and send related information, including confirmations, notices, updates, and alerts;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with Personal Shipping;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Pitney Bowes and others;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law; or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties. However, there are certain situations where we may share your Personal Information where permitted by law, for example:
- within our family of businesses;
- with third party service providers in connection with the fulfillment of your transaction, including but not limited to carriers, couriers, and delivery agents;
- with third party service providers who perform a variety of functions on our behalf, including payment processing and providing technical services for us;
- with third parties, including law enforcement, to detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions or any action that is inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, and/or to protect the rights, property and safety of Pitney Bowes, our affiliated companies and others;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The Shipping Center is not intended to be used by children under the age of 13 nor do we knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect data under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you feel that the security of any data that we hold about you has been compromised, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in applicable law. We will not use your Personal Information in ways that differ materially from this Privacy Statement without prior notice to you, and in no event will we use your Personal Information in ways prohibited by law.
If you have questions, comments or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at: 1-844-256-6444.