Clearing Material Jams in the Fold Plates in Relay 2500/3500/4500
- Remove the fold plates -
- Pull the two catches on the underside of the plate outward to release them.
- Pull the plate straight out of the inserter.
- Remove the jammed material. If necessary, use the manual advance knob to move the material forward.
- Replace the fold plates -
- Pull the two catches (on the underside of the plate) outward to release.
- Slide the plate into its location guides and release the catches to lock the plate in position.
Tap the Clear Deck button to clear the paper path of any remaining material.
- Tap the Start button to resume operation.
Once you locate the jammed material, you may need to use the manual advance knob to manually feed paper out of the grip of feed rollers.
The manual advance knob is located behind the drop-down cover at the left front of the inserter.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021