PB-SP100 Printer Installation via USB Connection
This instruction will guide you through installing your PB-SP100 Printer on a Windows computer using a USB connection. If you are installing your printer on a Mac, please see PB-SP100 Printer Installation via a Network Connection (Mac).
- Opening the box and unpacking
- Signing into SendPro®
- Connecting the Printer Power Cord
- Printer Ready
- Aligning the Label Roll
- Connecting the Printer USB Cable
- Manually Download the Printer Driver
- Set the Stock and Print the Test Label
Right, let’s get your Printer up and running quickly…
Let’s first get together the things you will need:
- The box containing your PB-SP100 Printer.
- A Welcome Email from Pitney Bowes containing your SendPro® Log in details.
- A PC on which you have full admin rights to allow downloading and installing software.
- 2 available USB ports on your PC.
If you have not received the email from Pitney Bowes, do not go any further with this installation. Please visit pitneybowes.com for contact details.
Opening the box and unpacking
Here are diagrams and explanations of the items you should find in your box. Please select the correct power cable for your region.
SL-397-D Scale and PB-SP100 Printer
Power Cord and Network Cable (the Network cable is not used for USB Installation).
Signing into PitneyShip®
Sign into PitneyShip® using the link in the welcome email.
Connecting the Printer Power Cord
- Ensure you have the correct power cord for your region.
- Connect the power cord and adapter to your printer (as shown) and switch on.
Wait for about 10 seconds until the 2 green lights remain constant and the printer is ready.
Aligning the Label Roll
- Press the feed/cancel button and check that the label feeds out correctly.
- Tear off the correctly dispensed label.
Connecting the Printer USB Cable
Connect your printer to your computer with the USB cable. Your Printer Driver should automatically download and install. If this does not happen, please follow Manually download the Printer Driver below. Otherwise continue to Set the Stock and Print the Test Label.
Manually Download the Printer Driver
- Ensure that you are signed into PitneyShip® and click on Support and Cases.
- Select the PB-SP100 printer driver for USB/ Wired Install - PitneyBowes_2020.1_M-2_Certified.exe.
- Select Run or Open dependent on your browser.
- Accept the licence agreement and follow the on screen prompts to install.
- Select PB-SP100
- Continue to follow the on-screen prompts and click Finish / Close.
Set the Stock and Print the Test Label
- On a PC, use the Windows Search Box to open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Pitney Bowes PB-SP100 and select Manage
- Select Printing preferences
- Select Stock
- On the media type drop down menu select Continuous
- Select Apply and OK
- Select Print a test page. Check that your label has printed correctly. If you have any issues with the print refer to Troubleshooting later in this document.
UPDATED: March 03, 2023