Products affected: AddressRight® 100 Printer
- Move the side guides to access the separator locking screws.
- Loosen the locking screw(s) [A] and raise the separator. Tighten the locking screw to hold the separator in the raised position.
- Place media under the separators. Place printer toward the center of the table you are working on for proper balance.
- Loosen the separator locking screw.
- Place the separator on the media and tighten the locking screw.
- Repeat for remaining separators.
- Adjust the side guides so that they are about 1/32" (0.8 mm) from the sides of the media. Tighten the locking screws on the side guides [B]. Set the side guides to direct media so that the printheads print on the desired print area of the media (top edge, middle, bottom edge).
- Adjust the rear guide by loosening the locking screw [C]. Slide the guide so that the media is raised approximately 1/2" (12 mm) above the rear media support.
- Tighten the locking screw.
Note: When running media 10" (254 mm) or longer or heavy media, you may have to set the rear guide so that it just touches the back of the media.
- Adjust the positioning of the printhead cartridge assembly by loosening the locking screw [D]. Slide the assembly as needed to print on the media being used.
- Turn the printer on.
- Turn the media thickness knob [A] fully counterclockwise to raise the printhead carriage to its highest position.
- Place a piece of media [B] under the printhead carriage.
- Adjust the media thickness knob clockwise until the printhead carriage just touches the media.
- Turn media thickness knob counterclockwise until the media [B] can be pulled from under the print carriage with a slight pull.
Note: These are the initial settings. It may be necessary to adjust the media thickness control to optimize print quality. Make a note of the knob position for future reference for that media.
- To test feed the media, tap Test Feed on the Quick Menu touchscreen.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021