Running mail with different shapes and weights on the Connect+ 2000, SendPro P1500 and more
For some classes of service, the Post Office bases the price of the mail piece on both the weight and the shape of the item. Systems equipped with Weigh-On-The-Way® (WOW®)/Shaped Based Rating can weigh and measure the mail piece as it moves through the system when a class that requires it is selected.
- Open the appropriate job.
- Set or verify that the weighing method is set to WEIGH-ON-THE-WAY® (W-O-W®).
- Select Class in the Mail Information list box and select the option for Auto W-O-W® and D-O-W®. Select any other services required from the Extra services list box on the right of the screen.
- Select OK.
- Place the mail in the feeder.
- Select Start.
- A piece will feed into the mailing system and be weighed.
- As it moves through the system, the thickness, length, and width of the envelope are measured.
- Depending on the weight and measurements, the appropriate rate will be selected and the postage calculated.
- If an item's postage cannot be calculated because of its weight or dimension, use the attached scale method and manually select the appropriate class.
Note: For a detailed description of postal services, see your Postal Authority website.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021