Brother QL-800 printer appears under Other Devices instead of under Printers in Control Panel in SendPro Online, PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, PitneyShip Enterprise,,or SendPro Enterprise
If the Brother QL-800 printer only appears in the Other Devices section of the Control Panel instead of the Printers section, the printer driver did not install correctly.
Products affected: SendPro® Online, PitneyShip®, PitneyShip® Pro, PitneyShip® Enterprise, SendPro® Enterprise
When viewing the installed printers in the Devices and Printers Control Panel, the Brother QL-800 printer only appears in the Other Devices section and does not appear in the Printers section.
The printer driver did not install correctly.
- Uninstall the print driver:
- Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Under Other Devices, right-click on the Brother QL-800 printer and select Remove Device.
- Clean up the driver information:
- Download the Brother's Uninstall Tool from Brother's QL-800 printer support page.
- Follow Brother's instructions for running the Uninstall Tool.
- Reinstall and configure the driver using the instructions in Installing and configuring a Brother QL-800 printer for stamp roll printing.
UPDATED: November 10, 2023