Flashing red light on the Datamax MK III or 1E26 label printer used with SendPro Online or PitneyShip
The red light is flashing on the Datamax MK III or 1E26 label printer.
Several different issues can cause the red light to flash.
Solution 1: Ensure that the printer cover is closed tightly
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 2.
Solution 2: Ensure that the correct roll, 6WB-F, is being used
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 3.
Solution 3: Reinstall the paper roll
With the roll sitting between the two green pressure brackets, ensure the following:
- The adhesive sticker side of the roll is face up and visible.
- The roll feeds under the two green guides.
- The leading end of the roll rests on the black and green roller inside the printer.
- An extra 1/4" of paper extends past the roller before closing the cover.
If the leading end of the roll sticks out of the printer when the cover is closed, press start/pause on the cover of the printer once. This causes the leading end of the roll to position itself at the end of the container.
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 4.
Solution 4: Turn the printer off and back on
- Turn the printer off for 30 seconds.
- Turn the printer back on.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: April 25, 2022