Delivering a package from the desktop in PitneyTrack Inbound
You can deliver a package to the recipient using the desktop software rather than a Tracking Assistant.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- On the Receive Packages tab, select Deliver, or from the Receiving menu at the top, select Single Recipient under Deliver.
- Scan the carrier barcode, enter the tracking number manually, or click + to generate a unique tracking number. All available package information is automatically filled in.
- Based on the barcode scanned, the Recipient field may be filled in. If not, select the Recipient field and start typing the name, then select the recipient from the list. If the recipient is not in the list, select the + to add them to your contacts.
- The Carrier should be filled in automatically. If not, select the Carrier field and select the carrier.
- Based on the barcode scanned, the Sender may be filled in. If not, select the Sender field and start typing the name, then select the sender from the list. If the sender is not in the list, select the + to add them to your contacts.
- The Status field defaults to Delivered. Select the drop-down arrow to change if needed.
- The Given To field may be filled in based on your delivery settings. If not, select the Given To field and start typing the name, then select the name from the list. If the person is not in the list, select the + to add them to your contacts.
- To deliver another package to the same recipient, repeat step 2. When delivering multiple packages, the Recipient, Status, Location, and Given To fields all become disabled because these fields must be the same for all packages. To edit those fields, click back in the Tracking Number field.
- (Optional) Select + under Photo to upload images.
- If the package arrived damaged, select Arrived Damaged.
- (Optional) Enter any additional comments in the Comments field.
- Select Save and Print to save the package, print a label, and move to the next package, or select Save to save and move to the next package without printing a label.
UPDATED: October 13, 2022