Envelopes are not sealing on the SendPro MailCenter 1000
Envelopes are not sealing properly.
- The sealant bottle is not seated correctly
- The moistener pad is dirty
If your envelope(s) are not sealing or not sealing properly, perform the recommended maintenance operations here. In order to complete these operations you will need the Moistener Replacement Kit, 2F3-E.
- Open the supplies cover.
- The envelope sealant bottle is located to the far left of the tape roll. Check to see if the sealant bottle is seated correctly. The following picture is an example of an improperly seated bottle.
- To re-seat the sealant bottle, lift it straight up and lower it again as shown in the following picture.
- Close the supplies cover, then open the (a) feed and (b) print covers.
- Push down on the moistener pad assembly button located on the feed deck.
- Grasp the (a) moistener pad assembly and pull it out straight toward you.
- Turn the (a) moistener pad assembly over and examine the (b) moisture pad. Note the location of the (c) wick. If the pad contains dirt and debris and looks like the image shown here, you need to replace the assembly.
- Using two fingers, grasp and remove the wick.
- Locate the Moistener Replacement Kit, 2F3-E.
- Insert the new wick. Gently push it all the way down into the wick holder until it is seated properly.
- Push the new moistener pad assembly back on its track until it snaps into position.
Make sure that the moistener pad assembly is perfectly level with the feed deck and that the stripper portion of the assembly is under the mail hold down finger.
Correct alignment with feed deck: (a) Stripper on moistener pad assembly is under the (b) mail hold down assembly.
The following are examples of improper alignment:
- Close the feed and print covers.
- Run some envelopes and verify they are sealing correctly.
UPDATED: January 13, 2023