Preparing and feeding the mailpieces on the SendPro MailCenter
If your system has WEIGH-ON-THE-WAY® (W-O-W®) (, SendPro MailCenter 2000 or SendPro MailCenter 3000), you do not need to sort your mail. Place the larger pieces on the bottom of the stack on the feeder. If your mailpieces are sealed, fan them to make sure they are not stuck together as a result of previous processing.
If you system does not have WEIGH-ON-THE-WAY® (W-O-W®):
- Sort the mail by envelope size.
- Shingle envelopes (slant the stack as shown) so the bottom envelope feeds first. All envelopes in a single stack should be the same size.
- Place the stack of mail on the feed deck. Place the envelopes with the flaps down and against the rear wall.
- Make sure the envelopes are pushed far enough so that they cover the feed sensor located on the feed deck near the rear wall.
- Adjust the side guide so it is close to, but not touching, the bottom edge of the envelope stack. Be sure and leave a slight clearance between the side guide and envelopes (about 1/16 inch clearance).
- Use the thickness adjustment knob to adjust for envelope thickness.
- For large stacks of thin mail, such as single inserts or post cards, the thin mail setting may be needed for better performance.
- To pick a setting, turn the knob so the setting aligns with the pointer nearby.
UPDATED: December 20, 2022