Reference data and CSV for importing transactions in PitneyAnalytics
Enter your manual transactions in the CSV template, using the Reference Data file to validate the enterprise data values. Download the Reference data file and the CSV template from the “Import Chargebacks” pop-up window.
Reference Data file
The reference data file contains all the values your enterprise uses for Division, Location, Users, Carrier, Service Level and Cost Account. The data is grouped on several tabs in a spreadsheet. Refer to it to validate the values you enter in the CSV file.
CSV template "sample-manual-transaction-import"
You will enter your manual transactions in this spreadsheet and import it into PitneyAnalytics.
Enter the transaction details
- Enterprise attributes – A-G. Refer to the Reference Data file for these values.
- Division – Enter the Division you belong to.
- Location – Enter your location.
- User – Enter your name.
- Carrier – Enter the Carrier Name. If the expense is not related to shipment, use “Other Spend."
- Service Level – Enter the Service name as seen in PitneyAnalytics. If the expense is not related to shipment, “Other Service”
- Item type – Enter a short note about the shipment item.
- Transaction data – columns H-M
- Cost Account – Enter the desired cost account or department to which the cost should be charged as seen in PitneyAnalytics.
- # Pieces – Enter the no. of pieces
- Chargeback Total – Enter the total value of expense.
- Transaction Date – Follow the format, MM/DD/YYYY.
- Description – Enter the short description about the expense.
Important: if you save the CSV file with a different name, do not use special characters.
Importing multiple manual transactions
UPDATED: May 11, 2023