Learn how to install mailstation2.
Products affected: mailstation2™
- When you unpack your box, check the contents against the items listed on your Quick Install Guide.
- Connect your meter to a power source:
- Plug the power adapter into the back of the meter and into an electrical outlet.
- When the meter asks if you have an internet connection, press Enter/Yes.
- Choose your connection type:
- Wired (LAN) - requires an internet jack and a power outlet
- Wireless (Wi-Fi) - requires access to a wireless network and a power outlet
- Select and follow the instructions for your connection method. (SmartLink™ is your preferred connection method.)
- SmartLink™ - connect using SmartLink™ for wired (LAN) and wireless (WiFi) network connections.
- PC Meter Connect™ - connect using PC Meter Connect
Note: In order to continue with the install, a connection method must be installed and connected to the meter.
- Install your scale:
- Place the scale on your meter.
- Attach the scale cable to the back of the meter.
- Tighten the thumb screws.
- Install your ink cartridge:
- On the meter screen, you should see Add ink cartridge. Continue-Press Enter. Press Enter.
- Lift the cover of the meter and open the ink cartridge latch by pressing down on the unlock symbol.
- Remove the plastic blank cartridge and discard it.
- Find the included ink cartridge and remove the silver foil strip from the bottom.
- Install the ink cartridge into the meter, then press the top of the cartridge latch down to lock it.
- Close the cover and press Enter.
- After two minutes, the meter will ask if the ink cartridge has been installed. Press Enter.
- Create a test print:
- When prompted, insert a spare envelope or tape sheet for a test print.
- Insert the tape or envelope against the rear and side walls to print correctly. The system will detect it and automatically begin printing.
- A good test print means that there are no missing lines inside. If the test print is good, press Yes
- If the test is poor, press No to perform additional maintenance.
- Add postage
- Press Enter. The meter will connect to the data server and check your postage account balance.
- Enter the amount of postage you wish to add to the meter and press Enter.
- Press Enter to confirm the amount.
- Your meter will automatically update within a few minutes. Once the update is complete, your meter is ready for use.
- Get an error while connecting your meter? See Resolve connection errors and messages on the mailstation and mailstation2 .
- Resolve connection issues with PC Meter Connect
- Resolve scale not weighing correctly
- Need help withdrawing funds from your old meter? See How to remove funds for instructions.
- In order to add postage to your meter, you must have funds available in your PB Postage prepaid account, or be using Pitney Works®. For more information, see Paying for Postage.
UPDATED: 05 November 2021