The URL hostnames must be accessible from the device, without any obstructions. This includes being free of any SSL packet inspection, web filtering devices or software monitoring. Unless indicated otherwise, these URLs apply to SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto.
- The SendPro C has certain URLs it must connect to for its basic operation. These are listed under “Required URLs”.
- There are further URLs the device will attempt to connect to that are for optional features. While we recommend you allow the machine to connect to these optional URLs, they can be blocked if necessary. These are listed under “Recommended URLs”.
- Finally, this device uses an Android operating system. The Android operating system may attempt to connect to URLs the SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto does not use at all. If you notice the system attempting to access a URL not listed in this document, it is OK to block it on your firewall.
An example of an unneeded URL: mobile-gtalk.l.google.com (Port 5228)
- Distributor - main PB Server that authenticates machine for access to other PB web services
- https://distservp1.pb.com (Port 443)
- Funds (Funds Management & Refills) - funds are managed through a separate Funds Server
- https://cometservp1.pb.com (Port 443)
- Rates and Updates (Download Services) - Downloads new software, graphics, rate prices
- Main Download Services entry
- https://dlsdlp1.pb.com (Port 443)
- File Processing
- https://pbdlsp1.pb.com (Port 443)
- https://pbdlsp1t.pb.com (Port 443)
- https://pbdlsp1k.pb.com (Port 443)
- https://dlsdlp1b.pb.com (Port 443)
- https://dlsdlp1z.pb.com (Port 443)
- OS Updates
- https://pb-ota.redbend.com (Port 443)
- Main Download Services entry
- Manage Accounts (Accounting) - separate PB Server that manages accounting including account creation, reports etc.
- Accounting Web Application:
https://ms1app.pb.com/ (Port 443)
- Accounting Web Application:
- Health Data Update - machine health Information upload
- https://*.amazonaws.com (Port 443)
- Network Connectivity Test Site - used by tablet's Android O/S to confirm connectivity
- http://connectivitycheck.gstatic.com (Port 80)
- PB Web Services Support - used by several PB applications including Shipping
- https://api.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://pitneybowes.okta.com (Port 443)
- http://microsoft.com (Port 80)
We recommend these URLs are left open, but if this presents a security issue, they can remain blocked. They are enabled by default.
- Postal Advisor (PB hosted site) - utility website that offers helpful hints on postal regulations
- http://www.pb.com/postal_advisor (Port 80)
- Universal Tracking (PB partner hosted site) - carrier independent web tracking site for packages
- http://www.pb.boxoh.com/ (Port 80)
- USPS Mobile - convenient link to USPS mobile website
- https://m.usps.com/m/Home (Port 443)
- Trackable Labels (PB hosted shipping site) - Shipping Trackable Labels Web Services Support
- https://foundation.sending.us.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://shipping.sending.us.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://sendpro.us.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://sendpro.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://integration.sending.us.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://locations.sendpro.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://uam.sendpro.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- Device Management
- https://smb.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://prov.mdm.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://api.mdm.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://tokx.mdm.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://cn997.awmdm.com (Port 443)
- https://ds997.awmdm.com (Port 443)
- https://play.google.com (Port 443)
- https://gate.hockeyapp.net (Port 443)
- https://e.crashlytics.com (Port 443)
- https://android.googleapis.com (Port 443)
- Device Help - On-device help information
- https://support.pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://pitneybowes.com (Port 443)
- https://youtube.com (Port 443)
- https://play.vidyard.com (Port 443)
- https://crashlytics.com (Port 443)
- https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com (Port 443)
- https://s3-us-east-1.amazonaws.com (Port 443)
- https://smb-apps-content.s3.amazonaws.com (Port 443)
- https://sendprocare-app-public.s3.amazonaws.com (Port 443)
- https://d9qjxq1oiycct.cloudfront.net (Port 443)
- https://d2sbh6dpxtmh7p.cloudfront.net (Port 443)
- https://cdn.sendprocare.pitneycloud.com (Port 443)
- https://cdn.freshbots.ai (Port 443)
- https://smb-care-bot.s3.amazonaws.com (Port 443)
- https://dp6ia2h50k4c.cloudfront.net (Port 443)
Support Remote Access
TeamViewer is an application that lets Pitney Bowes Service access your device remotely, when you authorize it. (A TeamViewer session can only be initiated by someone on your end, therefore the system cannot be accessed without your knowledge).
There are two ways to unblock TeamViewer:
- General unblocking of Port 5938 TCP for outgoing connections (recommended). Port 5938 is only used by a few applications and therefore there is no security risk. This traffic should be filtered or cached.
- Unblocking URLs of the following formats (to any server) GET:
Regardless of which method you choose to unblock TeamViewer, verify there are no content filters or anything similar blocking one of these URLs:
- All communication is initiated from the system via ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (TLS)
- All communications from the system to the back end system are in the form of XML messages.
Port 80 (HTTP)
- Web Services
- TeamViewer (remote access software)
Port 443 (TLS)
- SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto sends requests to refill or audit its PSD (Postal Security Device) when the user requests it or an inspection is required. Audits occur if the PSD inspection date has expired.
- Transaction records from the SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto are automatically uploaded when a user message appears (within three days of the mail being generated).
- O/S updates, PB Application Software and Rates Data updates.
IMPORTANT: If your IT department uses a rules-based method for allowing specific ports to pass traffic on their network for port 53, you must allow both UDP and TCP traffic to this port.
SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto initiates all communication (via HTTP or TLS), so it can safely sit behind most corporate firewalls
- High-speed network connection.
- SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto supports 802.11n WiFi WPA, WPA-2 PSK, WPA-802.1x (LEAP) protocols.
- Due to security issues, WEP Wireless Security Protocol is not supported.
- Both 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency band wireless is supported.
- SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto communicates to external web services via HTTP over Port 80.
- SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto communicates to PB secure server(s) via TLS over port 443.
- SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto uses Port 53 for DNS lookup.
- Pitney Bowes requires a minimum network bandwidth of 384 kbps (upstream and downstream) to operate, but we recommend 1 Mbit/sec for best performance.
- Pitney Bowes recommends that DSL or cellular devices are not shared across multiple SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto systems.
- Customer owned web filtering devices or software, as well as SSL packet inspection should be disabled for these ports as they can affect performance or could prevent functionality.
- SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto internal base and tablet communication uses a subnet that consists of IPs from the 192.168.10.240 to 192.168.10.255 and 192.168.10.96 to 192.168.10.111 ranges. When the SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto is connected to a network that has a default gateway which uses any address in these ranges, the SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto will not be able to communicate on the network because messages can not be routed properly.
- Wireless Routers that support IPv6 are supported if IPv6 has been properly configured. Recently, ISPs are remotely activating IPv6 as a feature, but are not yet fully supporting the protocol. This can cause the display to repeatedly reboot once the Wi-Fi connection is established. Please ensure your network is not configured this way.
- Wired Ethernet supports 10/100 Mbit speeds.
UPDATED: October 22, 2021