Request Refund button missing from label history in PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro
There are several reasons that the Request Refund button may not be available for a USPS label.
On the Shipments tab in your History, the Request Refund button is missing for a USPS label.
There are several reasons that the Request Refund button may not be available for a USPS shipping label:
- The transaction is more than 30 days old (from the original print date).
- The shipping label has been scanned by USPS.
- The label is part of a printed SCAN form and the SCAN form has already been printed.
- The label status shows in-transit or delivered.
- The label was a USPS Priority Mail Express label.
- A refund has already been requested.
- Verify that the transaction is not more than 30 days old. Shipping labels lose their refund eligibility after 30 days from the print date.
- Verify that the label was not part of a printed SCAN form. If your label is unused but the SCAN form is already printed, contact us.
- Verify that the label status does not show in-transit or delivered. Only unused USPS shipping labels can be refunded. If your label is unused but has an in-transit or delivered status, contact us.
- USPS Priority Mail Express money-back guarantee claims cannot be requested through PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro. To open a claim, visit the USPS Refunds page.
- Verify that a refund has not already been requested. To track the status of label refunds, see Checking label refund status in PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro.
UPDATED: October 06, 2022