You can print a test pattern to check the print quality of the postage indicia without spending any of your postage funds. If the sample has broken or missing lines, you may need to replace the ink cartridge or printhead.
- Tap the Settings icon in the global toolbar.
- Scroll down and tap Envelope Printer Maintenance .
- Tap Print Test Pattern.
- When the message "Print a Test Pattern?" displays, feed the envelope through the machine.
Examine the pattern printed on the envelope:
- Tap Done if the lines are unbroken and match the "Good" test pattern shown on the display.
- Tap Clean Print Nozzle if the test pattern has missing or incomplete lines
- Once the cleaning operation completes, you must print another test pattern.
- If this new pattern still has broken or missing lines, you may need to replace the ink cartridge or clean or replace the printhead.
Important: If you see no improvement in print quality, do not repeat the cleaning, as cleaning the print nozzles consumes ink.
- The accessories, such as ink cartridges, print heads and similar printing consumables, must be replaced regularly to ensure high print quality.
- Test prints or sample indicia imprints may not be sent.
UPDATED: 10 June 2021