Products affected: SendSuite® Tracking, SendSuite® Arrival®, J783 scanner, J785 scanner
Follow these steps to reset a J783 or J785 wireless barcode scanner:
- Remove the battery cover:
- The J783 battery compartment is located on the side of the handle and the cover slides off.
- The J785 battery compartment is located on the bottom of the handle and the cover twists off.
- Remove the battery from the scanner.
- Unplug both the power and the USB cables from the cradle.
- Unplug the other end of the USB cable from the computer.
- Unplug the other end of the power cable from the black "synapsis" box, which is approximately 2" x 4" in size and is located near the computer.
- Unplug the synapsis box power cable from the power outlet.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Plug the USB cable back into the computer first, then plug the other end back into the cradle.
- Plug the power cable back into the black synapsis box first, then plug the other end back into the cradle.
- Put the battery back into the scanner.
- Replace the battery cover.
- Scan the pairing bar code located on the bottom or side of the cradle. You should hear 3 beeps.
- Scan a package into SendSuite® Tracking or SendSuite® Arrival®.
UPDATED: June 03, 2021