Installing the Brother QL1050 printer in Windows for SendPro Online or PitneyShip
Important: Do not connect the printer to the computer until told to do so in the instructions below. Connecting the printer too early will cause Windows to install the wrong driver.
- Close all programs before starting the installation.
- If the printer is connected to the computer via USB, unplug the USB cable from the printer so that the printer is not connected to the computer.
- Sign in to the computer with a user account that has Administrator privileges.
- Go to Brother's Support & Downloads page.
- Select Downloads.
- Enter the model number of the printer, QL-1050, and select Search.
- Select QL-1050.
- Choose your operating system, then select OK.
- The printer driver should be listed. Select Printer Driver to download the printer driver.
- Select Agree to the EULA and Download. The file will be downloaded to your computer's Downloads folder.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click on the downloaded file.
- If a security warning appears, select Run.
- In the WinZip Self Extractor box, select Unzip.
- When it says that the files were unzipped successfully, select OK.
- Close the WinZip Self Extractor box.
- In your Downloads folder, open the qd1050w550bus folder.
- Double-click on D_SETUP.EXE.
- Select USB cable and select OK.
- Select Start.
- Connect the USB cable from the Brother QL1050 to the computer and turn the printer on.
- Select Next.
- The installer may ask you to restart your computer.
Note: There is no need to install the printer driver when using the Connect+ series and SendPro P. The printer driver only needs to be installed when using SendPro Online or PitneyShip on a computer.
UPDATED: April 25, 2022