Installing the Datamax W1110 (1E40, 1E35, 1E41, 1E45) printer on a network for SendPro Online on Mac OS X
Learn how to install a Datamax W1110 (1E40, 1E35, 1E41, 1E45) printer on a Mac OS X computer that is on a network.
Products affected: SendPro® Online
Connect the printer to your network
- Connect a network cable to the Ethernet port on the back of the printer. Connect the other end of the network cable into your network switch or hub.
- Turn the printer on using the power switch.
- On the front cover of the printer is an X button. The rear panel of the printer has a small circular button next to the Ethernet port. Simultaneously press the X button and small circular button and then release. This prints a system report.
- The system report contains the IP address of the printer.
- If the IP address is not 0.0.0.0, then the printer was able to obtain an IP address from your DHCP server. Proceed to the next section.
- If the IP address is 0.0.0.0, then the printer was not able to obtain an IP address from your DHCP server due to an issue on your network. Pitney Bowes cannot assist with this part of the setup. Contact your IT department for assistance.
Configuring for Static IP
Only perform these steps if your network requires static IP assignments. If your network does not require static IP assignments, skip to the next section.
- Open a new web browser tab.
- In the address bar, enter the IP address found on the printer report you printed earlier.
- On the Datamax O'Neil configuration page, expand Advanced.
- Expand Communication.
- Select Ethernet.
- Change DHCP Enabled to False.
- Enter the Static IP information.
- Select Save Settings.
Install the printer driver and set it up on the network
- Download the Mac printer driver.
- Right-click on the gutenprint-5.2.12.pkg file and select Open.
- Select Open.
- Select Continue.
- Select Install.
- The installer will prompt you for your Mac administrative login. Enter your administrator username and password and select Install Software.
- When complete, it will say The installation was successful. Select Close.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Open Printers & Scanners.
- Select the plus sign + to add a printer.
- At the top of the window, select IP.
- In the Address field, enter the IP address of the printer from the printer report you printed earlier.
- From the Protocol menu, select HP Jetdirect – Socket.
- Leave the Queue field blank.
- (Optional) To rename the printer, enter the desired name in the Name field.
- From the Use menu, choose Select Software.
- In the search field, enter w1110.
- Select Datamax-ONeil w1110 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.12 and select OK.
- Select Add.
When printing labels on the printer:
- In the Safari printer window, you must select the Chose paper source by PDF page size box before printing.
- In the Adobe PDF printer window, you must select 4x6 in label from the Paper Size menu.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021