"Something went wrong. Please try again later." message when adding a UPS account in PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise
When trying to add a UPS account to PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise, the message "Something went wrong. Please try again later." message appears.
The account information being entered does not match the information in UPS's system, or there may be an issue with your UPS account.
- Solution 1: Make sure that you are using the most recent UPS invoice
- Solution 2: Verify that all of the data you entered is correct
- Solution 3: Wait 24 hours
- Solution 4: Contact UPS
If you are uncertain, check with UPS for a more recent copy of an invoice.
- Make sure that the UPS Account Number, UPS Invoice Number, and Control ID you entered match what appears on your UPS invoice.
- Make sure that the Invoice Amount matches the Amount due this period from your UPS invoice. Do not enter the dollar sign ($) in the Invoice Amount field.
- Make sure that the Name and Company fields are filled in. These fields cannot be left blank.
- Verify that the address you entered matches the invoice. P.O. Boxes are not allowed on this form. If a P.O. Box appears on your invoice, locate a secondary physical address on your invoice (usually located in the top left of your invoice) and use that address.
- Use only the 5-digit ZIP Code in the ZIP Code field.
- In the Phone field, enter the phone number without dashes.
If you have made more than three attempts to enter your UPS account information, your UPS account may be locked. You must wait a full 24 hours before trying to add the UPS account information again.
There may be an issue with your UPS account. Contact UPS to verify there are no holds, suspensions, or billing issues preventing your account from being added.
UPDATED: December 12, 2023