Creating an international shipping label in PitneyShip Pro
You can create and print a shipping label for an international package.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
Note: Service to international destinations may vary by carrier. For more information about carrier services, visit the carrier's website:
Watch this video or follow the steps below to learn how to create an international shipping label.
- On the Shipping Labels tab, select Create Shipping Labels, or from the menu, select Create Shipping Label.
- If you need to change the sender (from) address, select the From address in the upper left and select one of the following options:
- To make a change to the currently selected address, select Edit sender address, make the necessary changes, and select Done.
- To enter a new sender address, select Add new sender address, enter the address, and select Done.
- To select a different sender address from your address book, select View all senders and select the desired address.
- Enter the recipient address, or select the address book icon to select an address from the address book.
- To send tracking and delivery emails to the sender or recipient, select the desired boxes under Email the tracking number and Email when the shipment is delivered. To send tracking and delivery emails to addresses other then the sender or recipient, enter the email addresses in the Additional Emails boxes.
- To use carrier-specific packaging, or to view rates from only one carrier, select the desired carrier from the Filter By menu. If All Carriers is selected, you will only see generic (non-carrier-specific) package types.
- Select the package type from the Packaging Type menu.
- Enter the package dimensions and weight if required for the package type.
- Select .
- Select the service you wish to use. Use the menus at the top to change the carrier, carrier account, ship date, or delivery date.
- If you select a carrier-specific package type, you will only see rates from that carrier.
- Note: The Ships On date automatically advances to the next day at 8PM local time.
- By default, services are sorted by Price. To sort by delivery date or Hazardous Materials services, use the Sort By menu.
- To view only services with delivery by a particular date, select the date from the Deliver By menu.
- To use the calendar view, select the calendar icon.
- Once the service has been selected, choose any extra services you wish to add. Select Show More to see all of the available services.
- Once all services are chosen, select Choose Service. The customs form opens.
- From the What kind of items are in your shipment? menu, select the item type.
- Under If Shipment Cannot be Delivered, select what to do if the shipment cannot be delivered.
- Select Add Item.
- Complete the item information.
- Select Save if finished or Save & Add Another to add another item.
- Select the AES Exemption type.
- If using DHL, enter the Terms of Sale and Invoice Number.
- Select the box to certify that the information is correct.
- Select Save Customs Details.
- If you use cost accounts, either click in the Cost Account field and start typing the cost account name or code to search, or select the search icon to view the entire account list.
- (Optional) Enter References and Notes as needed. Select More Reference Options to access all of the fields.
- Memo/Reference: The contents of this field will print on the shipping label and be included in the tracking notification email. It is limited to 30-40 characters depending on the carrier. It will appear in your history. For UPS and FedEx, this field is also sent to the carrier and will appear on your carrier invoice.
- Reference Two: For FedEx, this field is called Department and will print on the shipping label. For all other carriers, it will not print. It will appear in your history.
- Reference Three: For FedEx, this field is called Invoice and will print on the shipping label. For all other carriers, it will not print. It will appear in your history.
- Reference Four: For FedEx, this field is called PO# and will print on the shipping label. For all other carriers, it will not print. It will appear in your history.
- Shipper Ref: This field may be used for anything up to 40 characters. It will appear in your history.
- Transportation Ref: This field may be used for anything up to 40 characters. It will appear in your history.
- Shipping Notes: This field can contain any notes about the shipment up to 500 characters (255 for FedEx) and will be included in the tracking notification email. It will appear in your history.
- To use the default printer settings, select Print Shipping Label. To select different printer settings, select Print Options.
- Select the items to print. If Summary Receipts are enabled, Summary Receipt will be included. If Print a receipt with the label is enabled, Receipt with Shipping Label will be included. If you do not want to print these items, uncheck the boxes to remove them. If Receipt with Shipping Label is removed, then Shipping Label will automatically be selected instead.
- Select the printer and print size.
- To print a test label, select Print Sample.
- Select Print.
UPDATED: August 18, 2023