Creating an international shipping label in PitneyShip Pro
You can create and print a shipping label for an international package.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
Note: Service to international destinations may vary by carrier. For more information about carrier services, visit the carrier's website:
Watch this video or follow the steps below to learn how to create an international shipping label.
- On the Shipping Labels tab, select Create Shipping Labels, or from the menu, select Create Shipping Label.
- If you need to change the sender (from) address, select the From address in the upper left and select one of the following options:
- To make a change to the currently selected address, select Edit sender address, make the necessary changes, and select Done.
- To enter a new sender address, select Add new sender address, enter the address, and select Done.
- To select a different sender address from your address book, select View all senders and select the desired address.
- Enter the recipient address, or select the address book icon to select an address from the address book.
- To email the tracking number when you print the label, select the Email the tracking number box and enter the email address.
- To use carrier-specific packaging, or to view rates from only one carrier, select the desired carrier from the All Carriers menu.
- If required, select your packaging from the My Packaging menu.
- Select the specific package type from the Type menu.
- Enter the package dimensions and weight if required for the package type.
- Select Shop Rates and Services.
- Select the service you wish to use. Use the menus at the top to change the carrier, carrier account, ship date, or delivery date.If you select a carrier-specific package type, you will only see rates from that carrier. To see rates from all carriers, select My Packaging.
- By default, services are sorted by Price. To sort by delivery date, select Delivery Date from the Sort By menu.
- To view only services with delivery by a particular date, select the date from the Deliver By menu.
- To use the calendar view, select the calendar icon.
- Once the service has been selected, choose any extra services you wish to add. Select Show More to see all of the available services.
- Once all services are chosen, select Choose Service. The customs form opens.
- From the What kind of items are in your shipment? menu, select the item type.
- Under If Shipment Cannot be Delivered, select what to do if the shipment cannot be delivered.
- Select Add Item.
- Complete the item information.
- Select Save if finished or Save & Add Another to add another item.
- Select the AES Exemption type.
- Select the box to certify that the information is correct.
- Select Save Customs Details.
- (Optional) If you use cost accounts, either click in the Cost Account field and start typing the cost account name or code to search, or select the search icon to view the entire account list.
- (Optional) Enter Shipper Reference and Shipping Notes if needed. Shipping Notes can contain any notes about the shipment up to 256 characters. For additional reference fields, select More accounting and reference options (optional). Note that Reference 2, 3, and 4 are for FedEx only..
- To use the default printer settings, select Print Shipping Label. To select different printer settings, select Print Options.
- Select the items to print. If Summary Receipts are enabled, Summary Receipt will be included. If Print a receipt with the label is enabled, Receipt with Shipping Label will be included. If you do not want to print these items, select the x next to them to remove them. If Receipt with Shipping Label is removed, then Shipping Label will automatically be selected instead.
- Select the printer and print size.
- To print a test label, select Print Sample.
- Select Print.
UPDATED: September 12, 2022