Receiving a package from the desktop in PitneyTrack Inbound
When you receive a package, you can use the Receive feature to "Receive", or log, the package into the system.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- On the Receive Packages tab, select Receive, or from the Receiving menu at the top, select Single Recipient under Receive.
- Scan the carrier barcode, enter the tracking number manually, or click + to generate a unique tracking number. All available package information is automatically filled in.
- Based on the barcode scanned, the Recipient field may be filled in. If not, select the Recipient field and start typing the name, then select the recipient from the list. If the recipient is not in the list, select the + to add them to your contacts.
- The Carrier should be filled in automatically. If not, select the Carrier field and select the carrier.
- Based on the barcode scanned, the Sender may be filled in. If not, select the Sender field and start typing the name, then select the sender from the list. If the sender is not in the list, select the + to add them to your contacts.
- The Status field defaults to Received. Select the drop-down arrow to change if needed.
- Select the Package Location field and select the location. As you select each level - Site, Building, Floor, and Mailstop - the next level appears automatically.
- To receive more than one package for the same recipient, repeat step 2. When receiving multiple packages, the Recipient, Status, and Location fields all become disabled because these fields must be the same for all packages. To edit those fields, click back in the Tracking Number field.
Note: The Multiple Receive setting must be set to ON in order to receive more than one package for the same recipient.
- (Optional) Select + under Photo to upload images.
- If the package arrived damaged, select Arrived Damaged.
- (Optional) Enter any additional comments in the Comments field.
- Select Save and Print to save the package, print a label, and move to the next package, or select Save to save and move to the next package without printing a label.
UPDATED: October 13, 2022