Receiving packages in the PitneyTrack mobile app
You can use the PitneyTrack mobile app on a Tracking Assistant to receive packages into PitneyTrack Inbound.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- Sign in to the PitneyTrack mobile app.
- If prompted, select your Location.
- Tap Receive.
- Use one of the following methods to enter the tracking number:
- Tap the scan icon and align the box over the barcode. The barcode is scanned automatically.
- Tap in the field and type the tracking number.
- Tap the + next to the Tracking Number field to generate a tracking number.
- If the carrier is not already filled in, tap the Carrier field and select the carrier.
- If the recipient is not already filled in, tap the Recipient field and select the recipient. If the recipient is not in the system, add them:
- Enter the first and last name separated by a space.
- Tap the Add icon or Add New.
- Add as Recipient will already be selected. If you want to add the person as a sender instead, select Add as Sender.
- Complete the remaining fields.
- Tap Submit.
- If the sender is not already filled in, tap the Sender field and select the sender. If the sender is not in the system, add them:
- Enter the first and last name of the sender separated by a space.
- Tap the Add icon.
- Add as Sender will already be selected. If you want to add the person as a recipient instead, select Add as Recipient.
- Tap Submit.
- The status defaults to Received. To change the status, tap Received.
- If needed, tap the Location field to change the location.
- If the package arrived damaged, select Arrived Damaged.
- (Optional) Enter any additional comments in the Comments field.
- If custom fields have been created, completed them as instructed by your administrator.
- To add photos:
- Tap Attach in the upper right.
- Select the option for how you want to add the photo.
- If you select Take Photo, aim the camera at the package, then tap the camera icon to capture the image.
- To add more photos (limit 5), aim the camera and tap the camera icon again.
- To delete a photo, tap it, then tap the trash can icon. Use the navigation arrows in the upper right to browse the photos.
- Once all photos have been taken, tap Done.
- Tap Save.
- Select Save and Print to save the package, print a label, and move to the next package, or select Save to save and move to the next package without printing a label.
UPDATED: October 14, 2022