UPDATED: November 4, 2017
Pitney Bowes offers different ways you can pay for your postage and shipping expenses, including bill-me-later options that provide monthly billing statements to trigger payments, and prepaid options that enable you to pay for expenses ahead of time.
Purchase Power® Account
Purchase Power is a Pitney Bowes line of credit that allows you to pay for the meter postage, shipping, meter rentals and supplies through a single account. The Purchase Power “Bill Me Later” solution allows you to maximize your working capital effectively. You can simplify your billing operation and increase profitability.
- Activating your Purchase Power account
- Understanding your Purchase Power account
- Paying Your Purchase Power Statement
- Requesting a Purchase Power credit limit increase
- No need to prepay; simply add postage to your meter. We will advance the funds to the USPS on your behalf, and send you a bill afterward.
- Consolidate other expenses to this account such as shipping charges (UPS, FedEx), permit mail postage, mail vendor expenses, Pitney Bowes supplies, and more.
- Earn 1 reward point for every dollar billed to the account. Rewards can be redeemed for postage, supplies or statement credits, gift cards and more to help offset your postage, supply or shipping expenses.
- Hold onto your funds longer – or free up existing credit – when you pay after receiving a monthly statement. You can even pay over time. No more idle prepaid funds and no last minute checks to be cut.
Note: Clients having prepaid funds available in a USPS or Reserve Account, in addition to available credit in Purchase Power, will have the funds drawn from their prepaid accounts first when refilling postage.
EasyPermitPostage® (EPP) Service
EasyPermitPostage at Pitney Bowes enables you to pay your USPS permit mail (i.e., bulk permit, BRM, postage due permit), 3rd party mail service providers and presort services in a consolidated way.
- Call Pitney Bowes at 877-526-8291 to learn more about the EasyPermitPostage Service.
- Enrolling for EasyPermitPostage service
- Combine one or more permits along with your other postage expenses on one monthly invoice.
- Manage and pay for multiple mailings through a single account that offers consolidated reporting and money-saving rewards – Purchase Power - or use your Reserve Account (prepaid) to pay for your permits.
- Enjoy the convenience of instant access to postage for your permit mailings, without having to prepay or rush to send checks to pay for postage.
Pitney Bowes Reserve Account
You can pre-pay by adding funds directly to the Pitney Bowes Reserve Account. With this option you can pay for meter postage (Pitney Bowes and non-Pitney Bowes), permit postage, shipping, and Presort Services (third party providers). Reserve Account funds are held in an FDIC-insured account at The Pitney Bowes Bank, Inc. You can fund your account via ACH bank deposit, Fed Wire or check. Pitney Bowes will send you personalized deposit coupons, or you can download a deposit slip to mail along with your check.
- Learn more in the Reserve Account Deposits section in the article on ACH & Fed Wire Instructions
- Setting up recurring deposits from your bank account at fixed intervals.
- Sending payments to your Reserve Account
- Earn interest in the form of postage credits, based on the average daily balance in the account.
- Schedule deposits electronically based on frequency (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) or when the balance reaches a minimum threshold.
- Overdraft protection is available, so your mailings are always covered.
- Track and manage all postage and shipping expenses in one place with up to 18 months of history, accessible through your account.
If you choose to download more postage than available in your prepaid account, the difference will come from your Purchase Power line of credit. Postage credits are treated as a prepaid balance.
USPS® Prepaid options
You can prepay for postage directly to the USPS by sending a check or through an Automated Clearing House (ACH) debit from your bank account.
- When you order your meter, the USPS will send you a clear envelope with instructions and payment slips. Then follow USPS Deposit Payment Instructions.
- Bank or Federal Wires sent by 1:00 PM (Eastern Time) are posted to your account the same day.
Automated Clearing House (ACH) Credit & Debit
With ACH Debit, you establish your own maximum daily refill amount that is available to you for your postage meter refills. This amount should include enough funds to cover your regular meter refill amount, plus any postage you might need for weekends, holidays, and unusual mailings.
Complete and fax the Authorization Agreement for ACH Debit form to use this option.
- Between 5:00 and 6:00 PM ET, the total refill amount for that day is calculated and processed as an ACH Debit to your assigned bank account.
- Your bank account is debited the amount of the refill through the Federal Reserve the following business day by 10:00 AM EST.
- Meter refills performed on Fridays, Saturdays or holidays are debited the next business day.
- ACH Credit payments will be posted to your account within two business days.
Pay by check
Checks sent by regular mail will be posted to your Postage by Phone (PbP) account in about 7-10 business days.
Need mailing information? Visit Pitney Bowes Payment Addresses.