This instruction will guide you through installing your PB-SP100 Printer on a Windows computer using a Network connection. If you are installing your printer on a Mac, please see PB-SP100 Printer Installation via Network (Mac).
- Opening the box and unpacking
- Signing into SendPro®
- Connecting the Printer
- Printer Ready
- Aligning the Label Roll
- Printing a System Report
- Downloading and Installing the Printer Driver
- Set up the Printer
- Test Print
Right, let’s get your Printer up and running quickly…
Let’s first get together the things you will need:
- The box containing your PB-SP100 Printer.
- A Welcome Email from Pitney Bowes containing your SendPro® Log in details.
- A PC on which you have full admin rights to allow downloading and installing software.
- 2 available USB ports on your PC.
If you have not received the email from Pitney Bowes, do not go any further with this installation. Please visit pitneybowes.com for contact details.
Opening the box and unpacking
Here are diagrams and explanations of the items you should find in your box. Please select the correct power cable for your region.
SL-397-D Scale and PB-SP100 Printer
Note- If you have ordered a PB-SP100 Printer on it's own, you will not receive the SendKit SL-397-D Scale in the box.
Power Cord and Network Cable
Signing into SendPro®
Sign into SendPro® using the link in the welcome email.
Connecting the Printer
- Connect your Network cable to your printer and Network socket.
- Ensure you have the correct power cord for your region.
- Connect the power cord and adapter (as shown) to your printer and switch on.
Wait for about 10 seconds until the 2 green lights remain constant and the printer is ready.
Aligning the Label Roll
- Press the feed/cancel button and check that the label feeds out correctly.
Note- If the label does not feed correctly please refer to label alignment instructions inside the printer top cover.
- Tear off the correctly dispensed label.
Printing a System Report
Print the System Report to obtain the IP address assigned to the label printer.
Configure for static IP (optional)
- To print the System Report press the recessed button on the back of the printer with a suitable object such as a pencil or similar.
- Keep the printed report that you may need to identify the printer during the installation process.
- Open a new web browser window.
- Enter the IP address found on the printer report that you acquired earlier.
- When asked for credentials, enter ‘admin’ as the username and ‘password’ as the pass word (information is case sensitive)
- On the Pitney Bowes Configuration page, select LAN configuration.
- Select Network.
- Change IP Assignment Method to Manual Allocation.
- Enter your Static IP information.
- Click Submit.
Downloading and Installing the Printer Driver
- Ensure you are signed into SendPro® and click on the Help icon.
- Select the PB-SP100 Printer Driver for Network installation - Software_Label_Windows_Driver_V2020.1.2.exe.
- Select Run or Open dependent on your browser.
- Accept the licence agreement and follow the on screen prompts to install.
- Select PB-SP100
- Follow the on-screen prompts and click Finish / Close.
Note- You may need to check your downloads folder to install Printer Drivers.
- Select Network and press Next.
- Select the PB-SP100PB-SP100.
- Click Install.
If the driver is installed successfully, Installation was successful is displayed and the driver name is updated from N/A to PB-SP100.
Set up the Printer
- Use the Windows Search Box to open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Pitney Bowes PB-SP100 and select Manage
- Select Printing preferences
- Select Stock
- On the media type drop down menu select Continuous
- Select Apply and OK
Again, use the Windows Search Box to open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Pitney Bowes PB-SP100
- Select Manage
- Select Printing preferences
- Select Print a test page.
Check that your label has printed correctly.
UPDATED: March 19, 2021