Setting the accounting period on the DM300M-DM475
Set the accounting period to track transactions using your organisation's fiscal year and intervals (monthly, quarterly, etc.).
Products affected: DM300M™, DM400M™, DM475™ (G922, RG9224M, SG922)
The accounting period enables the franking machine to track transactions using your organisation's fiscal year and intervals (monthly, quarterly, etc.).
Important: Always perform a data upload before clearing accounting data or amending account periods. Once you clear the transaction log, you cannot retrieve the account information.
- Press Options.
- Select Accounts. If you use the supervisor password, enter it to gain access to all accounting functions.
- Press Page Down.
- Select Acct Period.
- Select Edit Start of Fiscal Year.
- Enter in the date of your fiscal year.
- Select Accept. You can enter a start date that is within the current year. For example, if today’s date is 20/12/2022, you can enter a start date back to 20/12/2021. Once you process a transaction, you cannot change the start date of the fiscal year until you clear the accounting data. Accounting data is normally cleared when the fiscal year ends.
- Select # Periods to change the number of accounting periods during your fiscal year
- Select the number of periods for your fiscal year from the list: Annual, Twice a year, Quarterly, Monthly or Custom. If necessary, use Page Down to scroll through the list.
- If you select Custom, the Custom Period screen appears. Go to step 11. Otherwise, go to step 20.
- You can set up two custom periods. The start date for both periods is the date you activate the custom periods. You cannot change the start date.
- Select End Date 1 to set the end date for the first custom period.
- Enter the date of the period and select Accept.
- Select End Date 2 to set the end date for the second custom period.
- Type in the date of the period and select Accept.
- The end date for the second period must always be the same as, or after the end date for the first custom period.
- For custom periods only, you can extend the end dates at any time. The end date for custom period 2 must always be the same as or after the end date for custom period 1.
- Once you reach the end date of the custom period, you must clear the account data, extend the end date, or do both. Always perform a data upload before clearing accounting data or extending the end date.
- When the period expires, you cannot run mail until you clear the data or extend the period.
- Select Done to save your changes.
- Press Home to return to the home screen.
UPDATED: 10 February 2023