Save big with discounts on UPS shipping rates through PitneyShip®
Table of contents
How do I get shipping discounts with UPS?
Using PitneyShip® means you’ll access the reach and reliability of UPS delivery services at more affordable rates. You can pay less for domestic and international services by as much as 88% and get special perks like avoiding fuel surcharges and residential delivery fees. Plus, convenient, self-serve solutions and the ability to print labels in-house will save valuable time. With Pitney Bowes, capitalizing on discounts and special UPS offers like these couldn’t be easier.
How much can my business save on UPS shipping?
Shipping with UPS gives companies a range of advantages, from convenient pickup and drop-off options to guaranteed on-time delivery through a reliable network. There are services for expedited arrivals and more economic choices if you have the time to spare (explore all UPS delivery options in Which UPS shipping option should I choose?).
Shipping with PitneyShip® and UPS is well worth it. But you should never pay too much, even for a good thing. On-demand access to discount rates can help you bump up your budget and grow your business.
For every shipment you make, we’ll instantly help you save money on many daily rates. And, while others can only offer savings up to 55% on UPS® Ground shipments, with your PitneyShip® UPS account you can:
- Save up to 77% off on UPS® Ground shipments
- Save up to 72% off UPS 2nd Day Air® service
- Save up to 86%* off UPS® rates with PitneyShip® shipping software
- Save up to 88% off international services (shipping from the U.S. only)
Avoid paying UPS surcharges, too
Discounted delivery rates are just the start of your UPS savings with PitneyShip® software solutions. We all know that even when a rate looks low, surcharges can still add up. But, with Pitney Bowes, you won’t need to pay:
- Fuel surcharges
- Peak surcharges
- Residential surcharges
- Delivery area surcharges (rural)
- Peak holiday season surcharges from October 30, 2022 to January 14, 2023
- Residential pickup surcharges
- Return label lurcharges
- Reduced delivery area surcharges and pickup fees
Don’t let a mountain of additional charges eat away at your revenue. Take advantage of predictable savings. It’s found money you can invest in other areas of your business.
Get all the benefits of the reliable UPS network at lower rates
Shipping with UPS gives businesses and eCommerce retailers options for guaranteed on-time delivery to all 50 states. The reliable UPS network gets your packages where they need to go, whether they’re headed down the street or coast-to-coast. You can benefit from:
- Expedited shipping options like UPS Next Day Air® Early for urgent AM deliveries
- Predictable flat rate shipping prices through UPS Simple Rate®
- Services that include guaranteed delivery or your money back
- Next-day, two-day, and three-day international options through UPS Worldwide Express® and UPS Worldwide Saver®
- Convenient package pickup and drop off at any of thousands of retail locations
- Saturday pickup and delivery options
- Sunday delivery through UPS SurePost®
- Liability coverage up to $100 on shipments
Every service has different advantages to save time or money depending on your delivery needs. For more on what might work best for you, read: Which UPS shipping option should I choose?
Optimize your shipping service for more UPS discounts
Another way to get UPS discounts is by determining what service levels you are willing to pay for. The following are great areas to assess when looking at ways to reduce your overall shipping rates:
Pick-up — Getting packages picked up at your location may cost more than dropping them off at one of UPS’s 85,000 drop-off locations. You may be able to negotiate with the shipping carrier for free pick-up as part of your contract negotiations.
Volume — If you spread your volume among carriers like USPS, FedEx, DHL and UPS, you may not be able to take advantage of the greatest discounts for any of them individually. UPS has a rate chart showing savings based on volume.
Packaging — Carriers like UPS offer free packaging to help you save. They also offer flat rate pricing services, called UPS Simple Rate, which may be a more cost-effective way to send your parcels. You don’t need to use a branded flat rate box to get flat rate pricing from UPS, unlike other carriers.
Delivery time — If you can change the delivery time for your packages, you can save money on shipping. UPS Worldwide Expedited and Next Day Air Saver could be a more economic choice than UPS Worldwide Express and Next Day Air, respectively, if you don’t need such an urgent arrival. Moves like these make a huge difference if your ecommerce company offers free shipping.
Saving on UPS shipping is easier with Pitney Bowes
PitneyShip® software allows you to save up to 88% on UPS rates. Pre-negotiated rates will depend on shipping service, package weight, and the delivery journey. No matter what, you’ll find opportunities to save big.
Don’t worry, we have a rate calculator with a Best Match tool that automates the entire process. It’s designed to make shipping fast, simple, and cost-effective. You’ll even be able to search across carriers to ensure you’re paying as little as possible.
PitneyShip software saves time, money and stress
PitneyShip software allows your business to tap into the UPS network and access lower rates. And when you use PitneyShip, you benefit from these low rates plus so much more.
- Rate shop across carriers and help select delivery services using the Best Match recommendation tool
- Up to 88% off UPS shipping labels with no minimum monthly volume requirements
- Same day and overnight delivery options
- The PitneyShip UPS account can be created at time of subscription or in product
- No UPS surcharges for fuel, peak, residential delivery area (rural), residential pickup and return labels
- Additional declared value coverage available for more valuable packages
- Easy to use mobile app to manage and track shipments on the go
Shipping services right sized for your small business
For eCommerce, Pitney Bowes offers modular logistics services so small businesses can easily scale up or down to meet demand.
- Designed Delivery services: Model the right mix of transportation speed and cost to match your unique needs
- Designed Return services: Blend technology and transportation to build a flexible, efficient experience for you and your customers
- Designed Cross-Border services: Configure technology and logistic for every stage of business maturity
- Designed Fulfillment services: Scalable and flexible with on-time shipping, inventory management and custom branding
With the right partner by your side, you’ll never pay more than you need to on deliveries. Pitney Bowes helps clients succeed by simplifying the complexities of commerce and enabling billions of transactions around the world. It's easy to access cheap UPS shipping options, create discounted labels, and more with Pitney Bowes shipping software.